SWMS Parent-Teacher Association (PTA)
PTA MEETINGS: All meetings will be Tuesday's at 6:30 pm in the conference room at SWMS.
September 4, 2018
October 16, 2018
November 6, 2018
December 4, 2018
January 8, 2019
February 5, 2019
March 5, 2019
April 2, 2019
May 7, 2019
THIS YEAR'S EVENTS:
- Thursday, September 13: Fall Rally 3:30 SW football field
- Sunday, September 30: Golf Tournament, 3:00, Red Rocks * cancelled
- Tuesday October 2: Conference Meal for teachers
- Thursday October 11: United Way Blood Drive, Multipurpose room SW, 2:00-7:00
- Thursday October 23: Reflections due, November 14 banquet
- Friday October 26: Fall Dance
- Thursday December 13: Staff Christmas Gift (putting trays of cookies together after school)
- Friday December 14: Winter Dance
- Thursday Febrary 21: Winter Carnival---our biggest event! So much help needed here!
- Tuesday February 26: Conference Meal for teachers
PARENTS/GUARDIANS OF SOUTHWEST MIDDLE SCHOOL STUDENTS!!!
Today’s PTA is dedicated to empowering parents to make a difference in the education, health, and safety of Southwest Middle School children. What is PTA? Why join PTA? The number one reason to join the Parent Teacher Association is to benefit your child. In doing so, you also help your school. But there are many more PTA advantages:
- Get Connected. There’s no better way to know what’s happening in your school.
- Discover Great Resources. The PTA offers a variety of programs designed for parents as well as students.
- Tap into a Network. PTA functions are opportunities to meet other parents and teachers, building rapport and discussing issues that are on your mind. You Can share ideas, concerns, and experiences.
- Watch Yourself Grow. By volunteering with your PTA, you put your skills and hobbies to use for a noble cause—your child and all children in the community.
- Speak Up. PTA can be a way for you to more effectively suggest change at your child’s school.
- Witness Improvement. By getting involved at your child’s school you’ll be part of the solution, helping make positive changes. Local PTA’s play an important role in fundraising to provide building improvements, curriculum-based programs, and social events.
- Be a Role Model. By becoming a PTA member, you’ll be demonstrating to your child the importance you place on education.
- Enjoy Substantial Benefits. Individuals and our local PTA can take advantage of a host of benefits from PTA membership including discounts and offers from member benefits providers and sponsors, magazine subscriptions, leadership training, e-newsletters and much more.
When you join PTA for $6.00 (individual) or $10 (couple) you will receive information regarding upcoming events and will get opportunities to volunteer at school functions including school dances and other school related celebrations. Your involvement is extremely important to the success at Southwest Middle School.
Please see the attached flyer (Membership Form). Return form with your cash/check to the school and you will begin to receive updates and opportunities to get involved in your child’s education. We appreciate your continued dedication to our students.