Skip navigation links
Parents & Students
Our District
Student Registration K-8
Skip navigation links
Board of Education
Educational Services
Fiscal & Support Services
Facility Services
Fiscal Operations
Food Service
Transportation & Warehouse
Federal Programs & Grants
Human Resources
Indian Education
Information Technology
Special Education
Student Instruction & Staff Development

   Food Service


300 6th Street
Rapid City, SD 57701

(605)394-4061 - Phone
(605)394-4057 - Fax


Janelle Peterson
Janelle Peterson
Manager of Student Nutrition

The U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) prohibits discrimination of its programs and activities on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, religion, age, disability, political beliefs, sexual orientation, or marital or family status. (Not all prohibited bases apply to all programs.) Persons with disabilities who require alternative means for communication of program information (Braille, large print, audiotape, etc.) should contact the USDA's TARGET Center at 202-720-2600 (voice and TDD). To file a complaint of discrimination, write USDA, Director, Office of Civil Rights, Room 326-W, Whitten Building, 14th and Independence Avenue, SW Washington, D.C. 20250-9410 or call 202-720-5964 (voice and TDD). USDA is an equal opportunity provider and employer.

  • All schools will start serving meals on Monday, August 24, 2015.
  • Individually priced food items will be available in all Secondary schools during the lunch service.

 Free and Reduced Application Information


Free and Reduced applications are available online via Family Access or you may download an application here. These can be returned to the Rapid City Area Schools Food Service Office, 300 6th Street, Rapid City, SD  57701.

Additional information is available here.


 Refunds and Transfers

Food Service account balances carry over from school year to school year.  If your student is graduating or moving, you may request a refund or a balance transfer to another student.  Please fill out the Food Service Refund Request Form.


 Online Payments

Make online payments at eFunds.  You will need your students' Other ID.  This can be found in Family Access under Student Info. If you do not have a Family Access account, you can find an application under\Parents & Students\Family Student Access.  

As of September 21, 2017, e~Funds website will only be accessible from the following browsers:
Internet Explorer 11 or higher
Google Chrome version 44 or higher
Mozilla Firefox version 44 or higher
Opera version 30 or higher
Apple Safari version 9 or higher
Microsoft Edge - any version