IRON HAWK WEIGHTLIFTING
The 2016-17 Iron Hawk activity runs from October 1 to May 1.
Conducted by Southwest's P.E. teachers, Iron Hawk is a weightlifting class that takes place every Tuesday and Thursday morning from 6:45 -7:30 a.m.
1. This is for serious weightlifting individuals. If your child shows up late or does not work, then he or she will be asked to leave.
2. We are focusing on developing lower leg muscles and upper body strength through free weights and resistance machines.
3. Doors open at 6:40 a.m. DO NOT show up before that time.
4. Students that are in Health and P.E. classes may also be required to use the weight room during class time. If students have these classes, then they will have to lift twice that day (if they attended Iron Hawk that morning) or choose not to attend that morning's Iron Hawk session.
5. It is our belief that if we want our students to compete at a high level in high school athletics, then we have to teach our athletes that weightlifting and getting bigger, faster, and stronger is necessary.